What is Yaade?
Yaade (pronounced /dʒeɪd/ like the mineral) stands for "Yet Another API Development Environment". It is an open-source, self-hosted, collaborative API development environment.
Why did you develop Yaade?
I was looking for a self-hosted Postman alternative so that API collections can easily be shared between teammates. Even though popular solutions like Hoppscotch exist, their self-hosted app does not come with authentication and relies on Firebase for persistency. Yaade is developed from the ground up with self-hosting and security in mind. That means sensitive information in API requests can safely be stored on your own server!
- Self-hosted: data never leaves your own server
- Multi-user: manage users and their permissions, supports OAuth2 and OIDC
- Persistent: even across container or server restarts
- Easy single-file data import / export
- Requests are executed on your machine so you can call localhost as well as remote servers
- Most importantly: dark mode default